The Soviet War Cemetery Foundation was founded on 29 January 2010. The foundation has the following main goals:
- Research of the destiny of the 865 soldiers from the former Soviet Union who are buried on the War Cemetery in Leusden
- Tracing their relatives
- Organizing the visit of the relatives to the graves and
- Keeping the memory of the soldiers alive via publications, audio, video and digital productions
- Raising the historical awareness and increasing understanding of the enormous sacrifices made by the people of various former Soviet republics during WWII
- Reaching out to more young people and involving them in various projects
The foundation is an approved cultural Public Benefit Organisation (ANBI, algemeen nut beogende instelling).
Donations are very much appreciated on the account NL 88 RABO0127654739 in the name of Stichting Russisch Ereveld.
The foundation is registered at the Chamber of Commerce for Gooi, Eem and Flevoland under number 32167973 (RSIN: 8219.76.175)
The board of the Foundation consists of:
The board of the Foundation consists of (from left to right):
- Alex Engbers, the Chairman
- Ruud van Heel, the Treasurer
- Remco Reiding, the Secretary
- Rob Krabben, Member of the Board
- Ad van Baal, Member of the Board (Ex officio as the Chairman of the Foundation National Monument Kamp Amersfoort; not in the photo)
Our contact information can be found here.
Remuneration Policy: No (unsalaried directors)